Thursday, March 10, 2016

I Really Am The Organized Hot Mess

Some may wonder where I got the name for my blog, The Organized Hot Mess. After debating over it for a while (more like 45 minutes on the day I created this blog, because despite knowing that I wanted to use my name for the URL address, I didn't really think about the fact that I needed an actual blog "title" until it asked me for one when I was signing up), I figured it describes me just about perfectly. I often describe myself as a hot mess. I'm emotional, I'm always in the middle of approximately twenty-seven projects, I'm always late, and I'm usually running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I don't get a lot of sleep. (But I can sleep in like a boss on my days off.) Despite all of this, I'm insanely organized. I might not be able to remember what I had for breakfast, but you better believe my closet is organized in rainbow order, everything in my craft room is labeled, and that I can tell you exactly where my yearbook from third grade would be found. Everything in my home has a spot, and I like it that way. It keeps me sane. I'm Type A to the core, and some my describe my tendencies as a fairly straight forward case of OCD. I like being organized, to say the least.

One of my goals on this blog is to share organization tips with you, my reader. In this age of excess that we're living in, it's easy to feel overwhelmed. We have more "stuff" than any other generation, and before we know it, our homes are filled to the brim with things we don't necessarily need. It's easy to feel overwhelmed.

I hope to share tips and tricks in the coming weeks that have helped me, things that you can implement in your own home and into your daily routines. For now, I'll leave you with a few of my favorite organization "essentials", and I'll work on showing you how I utilize them in my home in upcoming posts.


1- Wire Basket // 2 - Cart from Ikea // 3 - Glass Canister // 4 - Hanging Shoe Organizer - I use this for organizing cleaning products in my laundry room! // 5 - Notepads & To Do Lists from Rifle Paper Company // 6 - Mason Jars // 7 - Notebooks from Rifle Paper Company // 8 - Label Maker // 9 - Planner from OneCanoeTwo // 10 - Canvas Pouch from Sugarboo Designs

Happy organizing!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment