Thursday, March 24, 2016

Current Faves

Here are a few of my current favorite things:

1.) Spring.


I love all the seasons. Each has it's own charm - the long days of summer, with vacations and trips to the beach and cookouts and outdoor concerts. The brisk days of fall, when the trees burst with color, it turns to sweatshirt & jean weather, and football begins. The cold days of winter, when we celebrate Christmas and the world gets coated with a beautiful blanket of snow. (Yes, I'm one of those people who absolutely loves snow.) But after a long winter, who doesn't love when the days start getting longer, the weather starts warming up, and flowers begin to bloom? It feels so good to just get outside and be able to enjoy the sunlight a little longer each night.

2.) These Modern Easter Eggs.


How amazing are these simple Easter eggs? Just using a white paint pen on brown eggs or a black sharpie on white eggs can really make a bold statement. Perfect if you need a last minute (and easy!) idea for Easter this weekend.

3.) Lukas Graham. So I'm assuming that at this point, everyone has heard the song, "7 Years"?! I still can't get over it, and if you haven't heard it, immediately check it out. Also loving his other songs, "Happy Home" & "Mama Said". I mean, those vocals, the lyrics... Amazing. We're going to see him live in NYC in May, the week of my birthday, and I can. not. wait.

4.) This Bedding.


I've been on the hunt for new bedding to spruce up our room. We currently have a beautiful quilt that Matt's grandmother made for us for our wedding - It's not totally my style, but I love it because I know how much work and care she put into making it for us. However, our dogs sleep with us, so I feel like I am constantly washing it, and some of the hand quilting is starting to show the wear and tear of all those washes. I've always loved the simplicity of white bed linens, and the picture above just speaks my love language. I'm thinking I'll go with this coverlet and go from there.

5.) Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea.


Matt's cousin, Traci, got me hooked on this, and I just can't stop drinking it. I don't drink coffee, so I love starting off or ending my day with a cup of tea. Aside from my classic Earl Grey with a splash of vanilla creamer and a little sugar (try it and thank me later), this is my new favorite.

What are some things that you're currently loving?

Steph

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on your blog posts! I'm loving my make-up primer. Never knew you should prime your face before you put foundation on. Learned this from my 14 year old who also does my eyebrows for me! The other thing I'm loving...podcasts!! They are usually about Christian life, parenting, organizing and seeking happiness in life. Great for the 40 minute drive to and from Country Meadows in Hershey and also great for getting through the dreading cleaning chores! Loving your blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete